LJIT_API int luaopen_jit(lua_State* L)
{
	//luaL_register(L, JITOBJ, Jitobj_lib);

	post("JIT");
	stackDump(L);

	return 1;
}

Out of curiosity, I ran this code with the register function commented
out.  When I do a stack dump, I see one entry which is a table.  I was
expecting to see nothing at all.  Why is this?  If I uncomment the
register function, I see 2 tables.  If I do a lua_pop(L, 1) before the
return, my library still works just the same as if I didn't do that.
I'm just trying to figure out *exactly* what's going on here.  Does
anyone have any insight?

thanks,
wes