Thank you for your quick response.

There is a "best" naming convention per programmer, I think...
Some will advocate encode_redirect_url, others like me EncodeRedirectURL, others EncodeRedirectUrl or encodeRedirectURL, or even Encode_Redirect_URL (I saw that!).
If you prefer EncodeRedirectURL i.e. with a starting capital letter, how would you name a one-word variable name?
Would you name it encode or Encode?

I was thinking that all variables should start with lowercase, which makes sense for one-word variable names i.e. encode, redirect, etc. and two word variable names follow the same convention, but with the second word uppercase i.e. encodeRedirectURL.

The "all lowercase" option isn't very readable, indeed (encode, encoder?).

I agree.

Thanks,
Wilfred