Hi,

In other words, do somebody know some alternative
implementation, or has done some detailed analysis of this
algorithm or have some other material I could use?

In all cases, I will share my findings with the community,
of course.

I had to write a hash-table implementation for a project
recently and I re-implemented some of the idea's in the
Lua's hash-table. I can share it with you if you want.  It
even has comments! I remember the details because of a
discussion I had with Roberto, long ago.

Here is the anecdote: Back in 1999, Lua's hash-table wasn't
anything special (I think). I was writing a functional
programming language (for a project under Roberto's
supervision) and needed a hash-table to use as a symbol
table. When I was done, I came to brag with him about my new
shinny hash-table. A couple weeks later we talked again and
he showed me *his* shinny new version.  Needless to say, I
walked away in shame. :)

Regards,
Diego.