On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 03:55:13PM +1000, Mike Kreuzer wrote:
> I for one find the list format inconvenient in the extreme, I guess
> what I'm asking is who else agrees?

Not me.

Whats inconvenient about email?

If its your tool (you use an email agent that can't thread messages, for
example, but your news agent can), have you considered gatewaying the
list to a site-local newsgroup? You wouldn't even know its really a
mailing list if you did this. Its been years since I've set this up, but
at the time I found a simple nntp server designed for exactly this, and
it worked very well.

Sam