On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 15:10 +0100, Trey Montgomery wrote:
> Yeah that is what I mean. Im not sure that Lua needs a real news group
> right now though in time it would be a good thing to have. For now a
> google group would work(in my opinion).

The nice thing about e-mail or a real newsgroup is that you can use
specialized software which makes managing your subscriptions easier.
Using a proprietary web interface is not very appealing. I'm on close to
10 or 12 different lists or groups.

RSS and other web technologies have a loooonnnngggggg way to go before
they can offer a suitable replacement for SMTP and NNTP in this domain.

(I mention RSS because it's the only standardized and widely supported
way I'm away of to to publish content in a machine readable and
exchangeble format.)

--
William Ahern <wahern@barracudanetworks.com>

This message was scanned for Spam, Spyware and Viruses
For more information, please visit:
http://www.barracudanetworks.com