Well, not quite. :)

My current Perl work may have a bright ending, after all. :) No matter what I do, Perl scripts are nevertheless 5x or so slower than Lua (hopefully I'll prove myself wrong; that would mean I've become a Good Perl Pandit).

If this is so, it certainly is reason for any manager to think twice. Such scripts can run for hours, or you can think in terms of the number of machines executing them. In short, Lua Saves Electricity! :)

(Any loss of focus in my mails from now on, shall be blamed on reading the Camel book. It jumps around. :)

-asko