On 20-Sep-06, at 11:23 AM, Chris Marrin wrote:
But the sad fact remains that Lua's oddball syntax is what keeps it from having better penetration into corporate culture. This is perhaps only sad to me, because I want to use Lua, but I also want to work at Apple. And I'm afraid Lua has not yet come up with a paycheck for me :-)

Given that Apple came up with AppleScript, it's a bit hard to believe that their corporate culture discourages oddball syntaxes.

"Ah, but that's different" :)