I vote against, if it's a vote.

On Sep 17, 2006, at 4:14 PM, nusret wrote:

I vote for a forum and shutting down the mailing list.

Regards,

Nusret

--- Raymond Jacobs <raymondj@gmail.com> wrote:

I couldn't agree more about lua using a forum, I use
forums everyday
(such as gamedev.net) and find them much easier than
the mailing list.

I don't particularly like my e-mail account
recording all of the lua
list interactions, it seems like a waste, since the
majority of things
I cannot answer and or aren't usefull to me which I
just need to
delete out of my inbox.

It would be better just to log onto the lua forums,
go into a specific
category, and just browse what problems people are
having, answer
some, or post one of your own.

plus, the ability to do a keyword search on existing
topics allows you
to easily seek already asked knowledge, I'm sure
there is a way to do
that with the mailing list, but I couldn't tell you
how.

As for the icy north forums, I wen't there first
before joining the
list, the lua area on those forums are dead, lua
needs a well
advertized dedicated user forum.

I was both suprised and annoyed to find that lua
doesn't have a forum,
since it seems to be the de-facto for many other
libraries.

-Raymond Jacobs
Owner,
Ethereal Darkness Interactive