I am trying run lua in the stand alone interpreter but can't find the binary. I assume that I can run luac as an interpreter to check my grasp of the language.

When I look at the SourceForge binary repository (http://luaforge.net/frs/?group_id=110&release_id=395), I can see the lua5_1_Win32_vc8.tar.gz but there is no bin file. I have Visual Studio 2005. Inside the vc8.tar.gz file is the lua5.1.lib that wants to go into .\lib\vc8\.

Is there a place that I can get the stand alone interpreter for Win XP?

Ed
--
Edward E.L. Mitchell
Web: www.racesail.org