I am deeply interested in this, as we face similar problems in our game David Douillet Judo on PS2.
I'm also interested in taking part in development of this tool

Julien Hamaide
Engineering Coach
10Tacle Studios Belgium / Elsewhere Entertainment

Stephen Kellett a écrit :

In message
<d010fc8a0608090628m59debee9yda15c408e60150d8@mail.gmail.com>, D Burgess
<dburgess@gmail.com> writes
I have not yet been able to thin out the trace diagnostics,
however the stack collection may be a side effect, it would
seem that the environment (or maybe its metatable entry)
of the running thread is being collected.

Hi Folks,

I've been following this thread on and off, and various other memory
related threads. We have a memory tracer for Lua in the works. This is
similar to Ruby Memory Validator which you can read about at

       http://www.softwareverify.com/ruby/memory/index.html

We haven't finished the Lua version mainly because we are busy but also
because we are unsure of interest in this type of software.

So my question is, are you (all of you, not just D Burgess) interested
in a software tool like this?

Please reply to the list if possible (rather than me directly) so that
others get to see your comments.

Cheers

Stephen