At 14:41 7/8/2006, Andy wrote:
Hi Antonio,
Thanks for your help.
The problem is that I downloaded the binary package from the "binaries" part of the web site, so I don't have a luaconf.h to look at.

All the library packages include the public headers, and the source code package is also available in the LuaBinaries.

You say LUA_COMPAT_GETN is not defined; but I assure you that "#" does not work and "table.getn" does.

  From Jim Whitehead mail you can see that "#" is working.

The manual says that only setn is deprecated, so getn will still work, although you should use "#".

Looking at the source code the LUA_COMPAT_GETN definition affects only the luaL_getn and luaL_setn C functions declaration and implementation.

Best,
scuri