Just downloaded the win32 binaries from luaforge:

Lua 5.1  Copyright (C) 1994-2006 Lua.org, PUC-Rio
> t = {} for i=1,50 do table.insert(t,i) end print(#t)
50
> print(table.getn (t))
50

On 8/7/06, Andy <shadowfirebird@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Antonio,

Thanks for your help.

The problem is that I downloaded the binary package from the "binaries"
part of the web site, so I don't have a luaconf.h to look at.

You say LUA_COMPAT_GETN is not defined; but I assure you that "#" does
not work and "table.getn" does.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Andy.