> There are no delete functions in a garbage-collection environment... it
> may be hard to wrap your head around this, but it is central to the Lua
> philosophy.

Perhaps not "delete" per se, but C# has a Dispose() which I'm sure forces a
GC flag on the object....  Ok, I'm not "sure," but I think we can make a
strong assumption there.  Something like this could not only mark the object
for deletion but trace back through the reference stack and notify other
constructs that have references to this object that it is about to go away
so that they can request replacement or countermand the deletion.

Sorry - rambling.

Rich