> Lua has a very small core of language architects that appear to think
> long and had before adding features or "enhancements" to the basic
> language.

I agree completely - if you have a solid core, the "enhancements" are
usually just sugar.  The core should provide you with what you need to do
anything you want, and Lua does.  There is no need to get fancy by adding
redundance and garbage just to satisfy critics or lazy coders.  Lua is
clean, elegant and powerful - what more do we really need?

Richard