I've rebuilt everything, and I replaced the files on the wiki :
http://lua-users.org/files/wiki_insecure/lua-std.ico
http://lua-users.org/files/wiki_insecure/lua-full.ico
http://lua-users.org/files/wiki_insecure/lua-icons-png.zip

I used AFPL Ghostscript to rasterize the ps. Here is the command line I used :
gswin32c -g1080x1080 -r72 -sDEVICE=pngalpha -dBATCH
-sOutputFile=lua-logo-nolabel.png lua-logo-nolabel.ps

However the whole image seemed slightly shifted to the left compared
to GIFs on the Lua website. As I don't know postscript nor ghostscript
enough to know for sure where this comes from, I just guessed that the
BoundingBox line in ps header had not been taken into account. So I
moved the whole image 45 pixels to the right in the 1080x1080 raster.
Tell me if that's wrong and how to do the right shift (I guess it's
just an option to gs command line).