I have a problem.

Some architectures -particularily OS X- supported by SDL (www.libsdl.org) require the SDL_main function to actually overwrite main, being "in between" system, and the application main function. Normally, this makes sense and is easily implementable (almost transparent) but...

I am moving LuaX, and its SDL module to work with _stock_ _unaltered_ Lua 5.1 core. Which, of course, won't allow SDL_main to run above itself.

What shall I do? Any ideas and discussion is welcome. Does someone know, how other SDL bindings (Ruby, Python..) have overcome this? Have they?

-asko

(this message has been separately mailed on both Lua and SDL mailing lists)