I have the Hello World example running, but I am really stuck getting it
working with my existing code base.

We use a slightly modified version of Lua 5.1. Mainly, it has a wrapper
applied to the DLL (The one from my book "Game Development with Lua"). It
exports everything that the stock DLL does along with out wrapper. LuaSQL
has no problem being "required", so it works.

The problem with VSLua is that they require that the DLL be named the same
as the one that they ship in the download. Of course, all my code uses my
DLL name. I have send email to the authors, but have not heard back yet.

I really like it, in theory. I hope that my issues can be resolved.

Mark Manyen
Wounded Badger Interactive