Why dont you simply pass D3DCREATE_FPU_PRESERVE and forget about that
problem. I did some tests on our app (which uses D3D extensively) and there
was not any drop in performance.

"Richard Ranft" <rranft@lvcablemodem.com> wrote in message
MOEGJJAILKCIDKGBGFPGGEJFIDAA.rranft@lvcablemodem.com">news:MOEGJJAILKCIDKGBGFPGGEJFIDAA.rranft@lvcablemodem.com...

>> Hello:
>>
>> I've read that DirectX causes problems with Lua because it sets the FPU
>> to single-precision mode.  Which parts of DirectX do this?  If I use
>> DirectSound but not DirectDraw or Direct3D, will I still have problems?
>> Thanks.
>
> And can we circumvent this by locally changing Lua's handling to either
> single precision, or flipping the FPU to single precision when DirectX
> requires the use of it?
>
> Anyone have a suggested workaround/fix for this?
>
> Richard

It has removed 600 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!