On Apr 11, 2006, at 1:02 AM, Daniel Collins wrote:
Where are you getting the amount of allocated memory from? If it is from
collectgarbage("count")
then my understanding is that only includes the memory allocated from
Lua. So that function should tell you how much memory is allocated on
the "Lua side". This might help you decide where the allocated memory
is.

I'm using 5.0, so gcinfo() would be the appropriate analog.

However, I was seeing these results in 'real-world' numbers (the amount of memory reported by Process Explorer's "private bytes" value) and our own internal memory tracking counters.

I'll run some more tests today with gcinfo() watching the Lua pool for a more accurate view of just the Lua world.