lua-users home
lua-l archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

I have tried all sorts of combinations (same as well as different across the
two projects) like /MT, /MD, /MDd etc. but nothing seems to work. Using
different options sometimes gives even more weird crashes like lua streaming
Has anyone else reproduced the crash on his/her own system using VS2003? I
have tried with both LUA 5.0 and 5.0.2, but nothing is working out. Thanks
for taking time out.

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of D Burgess
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:58 AM
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: Lua bug application

Not having the compiler ie VS2003 my best guess is that you are using
two different mallocs.

In the dll project you use
in the main program you use

I am presuming that these equate to the /MD and /MT compiler
options. Make the option values both /MD (ie "1") and you
should be OK


On 2/21/06, Zulfiqar Malik <> wrote:
> Okay guys, I have finally managed to reproduce the scenario in a very
> minimalist application. Basically the problem occurs when the hook
> is in a separate DLL. Please find the attached .zip file. It contains two
> projects (Visual Studio 2003), one is the DLL (named: LuaDLL) containing
> hook procedure. The other is the project (named: TestLUA) that uses that
> to hook lua events, it also contains the lua scripts that are recursively
> executed. Both are really a few lines of code and no one should have a
> problem understanding them, but if you still do, then please tell me.
> Please change the output paths of the projects to your convenience. I hope
> this helps.
> I hope you can figure the problem out. I really need your help. Thanks in
> advance.
> Regards,
> Zulfiqar Inayat Malik.