On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 22:12 -0500, Rici Lake wrote:
> On 14-Jan-06, at 9:35 PM, Rob Kendrick wrote:
>
> > Well, yes - it should be "componentWithAnURL" which also solves the
> > problem :)
>
> An URL? As in http://www.william-le-gros.gov/, the last URL of York?
>
> Maybe I'm just behind the times, pronounciation-wise, but I pronounce
> it "you are ell", so it's a URL to me.

Shouldn't it still strictly be "an URL" even if you pronounce it that
way?  That is, you'd say "Give me an ETA".  I thought that it might be
because URL sounds like it has a silent 'y' but that also isn't the case
for something like "I'll be there in an hour".

Oh, and I told my housemate about this discussion and his response was
"well that's the split-hair that broke the camels back".  Quite.

- Mab