Hi,

You misinterpret my intent. I propose a lightweight extension library
that is not part of the "standard" library.
And no I dont see this as python or perl competitior. Just extending
the Lua offering.

I agree. It wouldn't be distributed with Lua, and wouldn't stop anyone
from using Lua when the library isn't supported.

I think this is important. I have almost implemented a multi-purpose
directory listing function myself. Would be a cool iterator.

This month is pretty bad for me (SIGGRAPH), but next month I will be in
Brazil...

Regards,
Diego.