Antonio Scuri wrote:

> At 13:36 21/12/2005, Scott Morgan wrote:
>
>> I'm having no joy building this from source (MS VC++ 2003 (7.1)), the
>> iup.rc file is missing
>

>   For historical reasons this file is available in the package:
> iup2_4_other.tar.gz
>
>   It should be added to the sources package, among with all the files
> in that package, sorry about that.

Ah, I had a look for a package like that but I didn't check the beta/RC
releases, got it now though, thanks.

>> and attempting to link it to a normal lua5
>> enviroment crashes (on a rawget on GLOBALINDEX, probably just the whole
>> lua state has been trashed by iuplua_open, but why?).
>

>   This is because the LOH files where build for Lua 5.1, after they
> were build for Lua 5.0. But the distribution files should contain the
> Lua 5.0 files.
>

>   So I removed the file "iup2_4_other.tar.gz" from the distribution,
> fixed the LOH files and added a separe folder for 5.1 LOH files.
> Please download again the sources.

This all works out, thanks.

I can now use the basic dialogs like iup.Message but I'm having problems
with custom dialogs. The sample.lua5 file fails as do simpiler dialogs like:

dlg = iup.dialog
{
  iup.label{title="bar"}
  ;title="foo"
}
dlg:show()

I've compared the iuplua5exe project with my lua build and they look
identical, all the IUP and iuplua init calls are  made in the same
places and the same libs are linked.

If I just use IupOpen, iuplua_open and iupkey_open, the dialog shows but
does not respond (hour glass when cursor is over the box, does not
respond to clicks), I have to kill the app. If I add in the IUP Controls
libs the app just crashes on the dlg:show() call.

Scott