On 1-Dec-05, at 12:28 PM, Keith Wiles wrote:

To make a long story short (which I have failed already :-) is Lua needs to be developer friendly in the areas of source code control and how they effect the content such as which libs are linked into the image. It would be better if Lua was able to be compiled as an archive and the developer could alter the behavior externally without editing the source code or having to copy files.

Perhaps I don't understand your concern, but it seems to me that your issue is only with the Lua standalone interpreter, which you are under no obligation to use in any project. Indeed, it's pretty unlikely that you would use it in an embedded platform (or at least I wouldn't) because of its dependency on console I/O.

Core Lua -- that is, the VM, compiler and standard libraries -- is compiled as an archive, ready to be embedded into any project you desire.