Asko Kauppi wrote:
As to myself, Lua as is is my favorite. But sometimes, some more checking options wouldn't hurt... Always better to find things at compile time than runtime.

Having to shake out simple non-syntax errors at runtime that from C
I'm used to having caught at compile time (i.e. using mis-named
variables) used to be a continual source of pain to me, and I would
still welcome any more compile-time analysis that Lua could offer me.

HOWEVER, the practical upshot of runtime checking is that I
end up having to test every code path I change before I'm
confident that I haven't made a stupid error -- and basically,
of course, that's the sort of thing that should be done as
a matter of habit anyway.

Regards,
--Adam