[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: multiple assignement clarification
- From: Enrico Tassi <gareuselesinge@...>
- Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:00:38 +0200
What should we expect from this code?
x = 1
x = x + 1
a,b,a = f(), f(), f()
I checked a bit the Lua 5.0.2 manual and there is no clarification,
except for the fact that f() is called 3 times.
The result of the execution is 2,3,4.
I think there are 2 possibilities:
- after the f() calculation assignments are performed from the right
to the left
- assignments are performed from the left to the right but there is a
check for duplicate variable name
I guess the first.
In any case... isn't this a good place to generate an error? Is this
check considered too heavy or not so interesting?