It seems to me a useful split would be lua the language & it's core
libraries & a ml for all the addon libraries
so a 2nd ml for luasql, luaexpat, luasocket, xavante,kepler, etc.
it may not be needed now (arguable) but i think some point in the near future
it will be, and it's something to be seriously considered now.

--vat