The list is a nice mixture of _very_ beginner usage questions (you don't qualify :) and _very_ advanced discussions. Going through the web archive is sure to show this...

Personally, I find the mix fascinating and do hope it stays that way. The list is actually part of what makes Lua unique. Feel cosy. take off your jacket, and enjoy.. :7

-ak

-----Original Message-----
    From: "Olivier Mascia"<om-lists@tipgroup.com>
    Sent: 24.8.05 18:46:51
    To: "Lua list"<lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>
    Subject: New user - Is this list suitable for beginners questions ?

    Hello!

    Just some words to present ourselves to this list community.

    We are new users of Lua (5.0.2) and are considering and already
    experimenting using it in a quite complex application as an extension
    language and also as a script language inside html documents which can
    be served by the http server embedded in that application. The main
    application is written in C++. We of course had no problems to interface
    using the C-API of Lua. The State mechanism has been very welcomed by
    our dev team, as it allows us to host multiple Lua execution units in a
    single OS thread or in different OS threads, something very badly
    thought-out by some other scripting languages which we considered before.

    We find Lua simple, yet very powerfull and the degree of integration
    between Lua and the host application allowed by the API is incredible
    and opens up worlds of opportunities.

    We will undoubtly have questions.
    We have already ordered some printed copies of the book "Programming
    with Lua" and are pleased to see that we can also read it online. But
    besides the Book and the Manual, is this list adequate for discussing
    questions from beginners users like us or is there a more suitable
    discussion group for day to day useage of Lua ?

[Message truncated. Tap Edit->Mark for Download to get remaining portion.]