On Sunday 14 August 2005 2:33 pm, William Trenker wrote:
> How would you write a Xavante/config.lua simplerule to direct
> everything to a single cgilua script?  Something like:

i think i understand a bit of what you're trying to do;  you want a CGILua
launcher that doesn't use the requested URL to choose the script to run.
instead, you want it to always answer with the 'login' system.

you were right: the stock CGILua launcher can't do that.

but i think there's an easier way to get the same effect:

function loginHandler (req, res)
    if not logged() then
        req.headers ["orig_url"] = req.relpath
        req.relpath = "login/login.lua"
        return cgiluaHandler (req, res)
    else
        -- redirect to the 'real' servers
    end
end

this way, you just modify the request and let the standard CGILua handle it

i have some ideas (no code yet) to move quite a bit of Xavante core
functionality to handlers; i think it'll let the users reorder the request
process in very flexible ways, especially around the URL parsing steps

but right now i'm writing a framework to vastly simplify writing handlers; in
some cases to one-liners... wish me luck!

--
Javier