During the workshop, Roberto mentioned that one good alternative to
OS threads would be C coroutines. They would avoid the problem of
yielding across C/Lua barriers.

I found what seems to be an implementation of C coroutines in ANSI C:
	http://www.sics.se/~adam/pt/index.html

It seems nice, though I haven't tested it much.
There are probably other such libraries around. ET has one (coro) I think.

If someone wants to have a go and see whether these C coroutines mesh well
with Lua, it'd be nice to see a report here.
--lhf