On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 10:36:15AM -0700, Vijay Aswadhati wrote:

> Dean "Sessile" Davis wrote:
> > It might be amusing for someone to wrap/embed Otk - Open Tool Kit
> >
> > http://otk.sourceforge.net/
>
> I find it hard to find any humor in GPL software, especially for a
> library.  GPL is a virus that can only be seen from 20,000 feet high.

I know the LUA community gets benefits from a MIT license, since many
commercial products use it, but I'm not sure that talking bad of GPL
will lead to better results.

> > It's certainly not huge.
>
> The design philosophy and the results are pretty impressive. Get the
> authors to change to BSD License in the next release and I will stick my
> neck out to wrap/embed Otk for Lua.

At a first seen It doesn't seem that good. I'll stay with FLTK. The
only interesting thing is that they have a C API, but maybe I've missed
something.
--
Enrico Tassi