Hi everybody,

just a brief email to inform you that a friend of mine (CCed) recorded the talk below and made it available as two MP3s (mirroring the two parts of the conference). I have uploaded these two files and they are avaliable, in case you're interested, at:

http://www.brainage.org/downloads/LUA.Conference.Milan.2005.06.20-part1.mp3
http://www.brainage.org/downloads/LUA.Conference.Milan.2005.06.20-part2.mp3

We apologize in advance for the audio quality, since the recording device was not really "professional" :-)

Also remember that this is an "independent" production and it's not in any way supported/mantained by the LUA team. Please contact me directly if you encounter any problem with the two files above.

Andrea.

Silvana Rossetto wrote:
...sorry
the talk will be:

JUNE 20, and not July 20

Hello everybody,

Just to summarize, the Roberto's talk about Lua in Milan will be in

Sala Conferenze
Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione (DEI)
Politecnico di Milano
Via Ponzio, 34/5 (near to P.za Leonardo da Vinci), Milan, Tel. 02 23993400
(Sala Conferenze is in the first floor)

July 20, 2005
10h am

The links suggested by Raffaele are very good ;-)

english: http://www.elet.polimi.it:80/howtoreachus.jsp
italian: http://www.elet.polimi.it:80/raggiungerci.jsp

ciao,
Silvana :)

The Lua Language
Roberto Ierusalimschy

In this talk I will give a brief introduction to the language.  We will
see its basic mechanisms and how they are used to support more complex
concepts.  I will also talk about some relevant uses of Lua and give
a short evaluation of the language with respect to its main features
(simplicity, portability, efficiency, and ease of integration).