What's your platform? I get different results:

I just ran the same tests comparing w5 and w6 built with VC7 and get completely different results. (iterative script slower by ~10%, recursive script faster by ~10%). The overall speed of VC7 is also significantly better compared to BCB6 (and the recursive/iterative ratio is now about 2 instead of 2.5).

It is a compiler issue apparently... Not good (for me). :-( Does anyone using BCB have a clue what could be causing this?

--
Wim