[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Lua 5.1 (work6) now available
- From: Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@...>
- Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:16:01 -0300
Lua 5.1 (work6) is now available for testing at
Here are the main changes since 5.1w5:
- standard distribution in only one library (lualib.a merged into lua.a)
- `loadlib' no longer global (packaged inside `package')
- better luaconf.h
- debug information includes last line of a function definition
- metatables for all types
- new "primitive" getn
- new `mod' (`%') operator
- new math functions
- new operation *t (for size of t)
- new protocol to open standard libraries
- using `require' to implement `-l' in bin/lua
There are probably several other small changes that we forget right now...
All the usual caveats of work versions still apply, including the lack
of documentation and the plea for your feedback.
This is really the last work version before 5.1 (alpha), for which no ETA
currently exists. :-) For that, we have to work on the documentation.