on 5/17/05 3:29 PM, Chris Marrin at chris@marrin.com wrote:

> Right, which is why I suggested that userdata be made into an opaque
> pointer. That at least makes a programmer using good practice less
> likely to do harm. Using this had a phenomenal effect on the performance
> of my system, which I why I think it is an important tool for Lua-C
> interfacing...

Did this really speed up your system or just your benchmarks of how fast you
could push an object from C++ to Lua? After getting slapped around a bit on
the list for doing essentially what you did, I had to admit that push time
wasn't a major factor in most of my profiling however it was implemented.

Mark