> If the authors of Lua have any trademarks or other rights of the
> name "Lua" in the field of computing I suggest to contact MS ASAP.

We don't have any rights of the name "Lua", though we do have Lua, the
software, registered in our INPI (National Institute for Industrial
Property). But I don't think we or PUC want or have resources to sue MS.
Who does?

Also, like I said before, LUA existed as an acronym long before Lua was born.
It meant Logical Unit Application, whatever that is. See

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/host/2000/all/proddocs/en-us/glossary/lua_def.mspx

--lhf