I found some more places (within 5.1w4) where integer optimizations were possible, s.a. for loop counters. Performance on OSX is not much affected, and I haven't tested on ARM yet.

Also, I made a "fixed precision" patch (experimenting, it's fun! ;) which does not use any floating points internally (external interfaces kept as is). The user (in 'luaconf.h') can define how much resolution is given to fractions, and how they are calculated (/10000, >>4 or such). Seems handy, if assumptions on the numeric range can be made, of course.

-ak