Adrian Sietsma wrote:

into a table (that's easy), and then a routine to write it back (also easy), in source-file order (harder), with the comments (line comments only is good enough).

has someone done this ? it would seem to be a generally useful utility.

I think I'm of the opinion that if the comments are important to maintain between reads/writes they don't belong in lua comments but instead as a comments field in the table data.

Well, its an easy solution at least :)

Same for the ordering of the tables, if thats ultra important then work it into the data.

A generic system to do what you want, probably comes under the heading of hard.

--

Kriss

http://XIXs.com -><- http://www.WetGenes.com