> I have luasocket-2.0-beta3 working quiet fine with lua-5.1-work5 on Mac
> OS X 10.3.8, but I'm only using the socket module itself. I had to
> recompile everything to make it work with work5 though.

Yes, socket module is working on WinXP too (better say two tests shipped
with luasocket), but http crashes all the time. I also built
lua-5.1-work5 and luasocket on one of the computers where no version of
Lua existed, but unfortunately with same result. Am I really the only
one that faced this problem?

Regards