--- Doug Rogers <rogers@innocon.com> wrote:

> Vat Raghavan wrote:
>
> >>Thanks to the creators of Lua. It is a thing of beauty, even with these
> >>little 'flaws'. :)
> >>

> >on that note, i think the Japanese concept of 'wabi sabi' applies perfectly
> :)
> >http://c2.com/w4/wikibase/?WabiSabi
> >

> Shall we start a Glass Bead Game? (http://www36.pair.com/waldzell/GBG/)
>
> I'm in love with the board game go, an ancient Chinese game which was
> taken to new heights by Japan over the last few centuries. It is
> superior to chess on so many levels - at least for those of us who like
> complexity through simplicity.
>
>   http://www.nihonkiin.or.jp/igf/aboutIGF.htm
>   http://www.usgo.org/index.asp
>   http://planeta.terra.com.br/esporte/go/
>
> Way off topic, huh? Still so much work to do...
>
> Doug

I agree 100%. when it comes to board games, Go is about as simple and elegant
as you can get. the beauty of Go is that given essentially 4 simple rules you
can get such fascinating, challenging and complex higher order strategy. A game
that takes minutes to learn by a lifetime to master. (Though, really even the
best in the world don't consider themselves a master of the game.)
I just learnt of Go a few months ago myself, and it captured my heart instantly
:)

--vat