On Feb 25, 2005, at 12:43, PA wrote:

That said, I do feel that there is a bit too much syntactical (synthetical?) sugar...

Along the same line of though... I would rather see the colon notation deprecated all together... as it doesn't add anything which cannot be done with the regular syntax... plus it introduce inconsistency and confusion in Lua's core libraries... e.g. io seems to gratuitously favor the colon notation while all the other core libraries stick with the dot...

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay
http://alt.textdrive.com/