From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
[mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br] On Behalf Of mikecrowe
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:37 PM
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: Compiling pure Lua project into singe file

I definitely would like to see it!
-----Original Message-----
From: "Nijdam, Marc" <mnijdam@qualcomm.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:02:05
To:"Lua list" <lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>

I've done something slightly more complex, by allowing glue.exe to glue
multiple lue files onto the srlue executable. The glue tail at the end
maintains the basenames (ie. No directories) of all the files that were
included. When srlua starts up it adds all those basenames into  a
_BUILTIN table. I then added a few lines of code to the lbaselib.c
require implementation to look in_BUILTIN before doing its usual
processing.

This way my project can have multiple files during development, each one
require'ing one or more others. I can distribute all those files in a
single executable without having to strip out the requires. The errors
that come back from an srlua base executable are also more informative
for the developer as they point out what original file it came from.

If anyone's interested I can put it up somewhere

--Marc