> everyone who wants/needs this patch, please write to the list _now_.

I want/need this patch.  I'm working on embedding Lua for use as the
scripting language in a communications product, and I make heavy use
of coroutines.  While Lua 5.0.2 coroutines are mostly sufficient for
my needs,  the current yielding restrictions do cause difficulties.
I'd rather wait longer for Lua 5.1 with this coroutine patch than to
have Lua 5.1 now without the patch.  I would not feel comfortable
including such a patch in our product without it being part of an
official Lua release.