On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 18:13 -0200, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> This is the new layout. It allows for much simpler Makefiles, avoiding
> recursive makes.

Fair enough

> Like I said in the announcement, the main change in 5.1w4 is the simplification
> of the Makefiles. They look much simpler and at the same time are more powerful
> (in the Lua tradition). We're pretty happy with the change. I hope others are
> as well (not having seen any complaints here yet).

That's good

> The process is now clearly separated into a build step and a install step.
> The build happens completely inside src/. The installation is done at your
> selected location. You can get the previous arrangement by doing "make local"
> as explained in INSTALL. So, the best of both worlds.

Cool.

I'm currently performing the merge into my tree.

It just came as a shock when I was reviewing a simple diff from w3 to w4
that there were whole files changing :-)

I've narrowed it down to 12 diffs I care about and I've already merged
about seven of them :-)

Thanks for making lua so clean :-)

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895