On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 00:51:28 +0200, Asko Kauppi <asko.kauppi@sci.fi> wrote:

> Makes me wonder.. does it really matter how many MEMPS (Millions Error
> Messages Per Second) Lua can produce.. ;)  For me, the one is usually
> enough.

For you, perhaps. But I can tell you from first-hand experience that
massively parallel scientific simulations--especially those
implemented in ten-year-old FORTRAN code--often generate millions of
warning and error messages even for relatively simple datasets,
portending postconditions of doom and wasted procesor time. I think
it's definitely worth helping Lua to compete in that arena. ;)