On Feb 02, 2005, at 20:56, Diego Nehab wrote:

You wrote your own http and mime support? May I ask why? If there is
something so bad about our implementation that you decided to
write your own, please let me know.

Talking of MIME support, the current LuaSocket seems to concerns itself only with MIME encodings and there appear to be no support for handling MIME structures, is that right?

One thing which would be really, really great would be have access to the equivalent of the UW's c-client library, specifically all the RFC822/RFC2822 handling, which covers all the nastiness related to parsing MIME structures.

http://www.washington.edu/imap/

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay