On Tuesday 01 February 2005 11:41, Asko Kauppi wrote:
> Once you get these things done, why not make a page of "things to cut
> from Lua without killing it" to the Wiki, for example?  It'd be
> interesting.
... and short :)

Many would consider removal of floats and/or %f a killer?

A smaller, faster and more portable (in the sense of bug-compatible)
buffered IO is easily done for Posix and Wincrap platforms,
but it would be less portable in the sense that somebody
had to code the low level calls for other platforms (which?),
so probably considered "killing it".

> I wouldn't mind Lua to actually have '-DLUA_MINIMAL' support, but the
> authors probably wouldn't go for it..
... for some reason.

But honestly, only very little would need to get touched,
like replacing the fscanf call in liolib.c with some form
of strtod/strtol depending on the lua number type.

cheers