Asko Kauppi <asko.kauppi@sci.fi> writes:
Instead of fighting the XML world, I think it'd be best for Lua to be recognized as an "integrates well with XML" product. I mean, reading in XML _seamlessly_ into Lua tables, and output, too.

I will be needing this shortly, since working with XML in C is .. tedious. Anyone care to promote their favorite XML binding, I'll be listening. :)

The Monday project (http://monday.sourceforge.net/) contains a binding for
the libxml2 (a.k.a. gnome-xml) and libxslt libraries at:

   http://monday.sourceforge.net/tools/build/lua-libxml-project.html

The interface is based on the W3C's DOM (Document Object Model). I only included bindings for functionality I am actually using in my application, though that does cover quite a bit.

There's no separate source distribution at the moment, and the build for the CVS version is centered around building the entire Monday project, but I could be persuaded to create a distribution with ordinary ("illiterate") source code if needed.

-Peter-