On Jan 30, 2005, at 06:40, Chris Pressey wrote:

When talking about object-orientation, the subject of encapsulation
comes up a lot.  I don't think encapsulation is a goal unto itself,
though; it is one way to achieve something more important - that is,
isolation.  We don't want anything in thing A to affect anything in
thing B - except, perhaps, for a very narrow, well-defined protocol
between the two things.

Personally, I don't mind "isolating the encapsulation" one way or another. The fact that a monstrosity like LUObject provides it is purely accidental.

My main motivation was to provide the equivalent of theatrical "unities": unity of place, time and action.

http://ise.uvic.ca/Library/SLTnoframes/drama/unities.html

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay