Searching something else, I found some projects using Lua but that, for some reason, are not listed in the user project list <http://www.lua.org/uses.html>, and rarely or never mentioned in this discussion list.

- FreePOPs was mentioned by the creator (Enrico Tassi?) in this list, it can be found at http://www.FreePOPs.org It allows to access webmail content through a local POP3 server, Lua being used to parse HTML pages (I oversimplify description...).

- Celestia, the well known "free real-time space simulation that lets you experience our universe in three dimensions." <http://celestia.h-schmidt.net/>. It can be scripted in Lua since the 1.3.1 version (current version is 1.3.2).
http://celestia.h-schmidt.net/celx-summary-1.1.html

- MUSHclient is a commercial MUD client for Windows, scriptable in Lua, amonst other scripting languages.
http://www.gammon.com.au/mushclient/mushclient.htm

There are probably more, but that's all I found today...
May I suggest to authors, if they (still) read this list, to officially mention your software (or Lua scripting extension) to Luiz for inclusion in the above page?

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France